CHARLOTTE, NC - Day one of the Democratic National Convention was a tale of two events. Throughout the early evening session -- prior to the major primetime hour -- the proceedings featured angry attacks on Mitt Romney and Republicans, an unshakeable fixation on trivial, minor issues (other than jobs and the economy), and a disquieting, heavy emphasis on abortion and divisive social issues. Especially unpleasant were the patriotism-questioning shout-fest from former Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland ("If Mitt Romney were Santa, he'd fire the Reindeer and outsource the elves!") and the pro-abortion screed from the president of NARAL, a hardcore pro-abortion...
In response to:
Becca, I have TRIED to get along with my family. I could even forgive them their dumb conservative views....BUT they always take it too far (by being against choice & thus my rights as a woman....or by saying horrible things about Obama) My parents are snobs and old school Republicans. My idiot brother is a rightwing tool......and he's ONLY in his mid 20s so what does THAT say? I have tried and tried to be patient and tolerant of them becca. But they treat me like I'm speaking gibberish or standing on a chair shaking my fists in the air.
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 14 minutes ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 3 hours ago
- Super-sized: Man loses 56 lbs eating nothing but McDonald’s Allahpundit 4 hours ago