Kofi Annan is our own era's Joe Btfsplk, the Al Capp character who brings disaster to all around him while he himself goes blithely on without a scratch. Much like The...
"Lead from behind" (chuckles) .... in Indonesia where he spent his childhood, leadership is defined as: "Lead from the front, Encourage from the middle, and Supervise from behind". Obama surely took his leadership lesson there, and then forgot most of the words in the midsection.
Any hope for peace and light in Syria was doomed from the start as long as a remnant of Bashar al-Assad's murderous regime was allowed to stick around. Now its death throes have become the Syrian people's. But the appointment of Kofi Annan to negotiate a peace there double-doomed that empty hope. For wherever the man goes, massacres are sure to follow. Also corruption, injustice and general chaos.
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 24 minutes ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: Maybe we should talk about “True Detective” instead Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Finally: Young liberals ready to explain the news to America Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- White House on Democrats’ global-warming talkathon: We salute you Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago