Oops. Even a blind hog will stumble across an acorn now and then, but this time the vice president had hit on an essential truth, one...
It's true about the Mormons re-baptizing everyone in their microfilmed records of baptisms from all over the world. I found out about my ancestors, all Catholics, being "sealed" to the Mormons in their Baptism for the Dead rituals, not once but many times from different locations. A Mormon left his password open on a computer that I used at the genealogy library. If there is a record of your baptism somewhere, they got it, and they have baptized you as a Mormon.
The worst gaffe a politician can make, it's been said, is not the mistakes he makes on the campaign trail but when he tells the truth. The vice president of the United States, who's a kind of genius at embarrassing himself, did it again the other day when, almost in passing, he mentioned the hallmark of this president's stewardship of the American economy, "the middle class that has been buried these past four years."
- International community concerned America violating international law by striking Syria? Noah Rothman 23 mins ago
- Jihadi social media: Khorasan Group leader Muhsin al-Fadhli killed in U.S. airstrikes in Syria Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- NYT: On second thought, Bush did pull together a coalition on Iraq Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. had Assad’s cooperation during strikes on targets in Syria Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Open thread: War president to address nation after targeting ISIS, Khorasan in Syria Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Yemen’s capital under near total control of Shiite rebels following bloody offensive Noah Rothman 3 hours ago