During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- Putin issues declaration recognizing independent Crimea Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Prager U: What should parents want their children to be? Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago