During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- GAO report: White House directly involved in Enroll America fundraising Ed Morrissey 29 minutes ago
- God bless America: Powdered alcohol to hit markets soon Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Surprise: UAW folds in VW dispute Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Drone attacks kill dozens of AQ operatives in Yemen following confab Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- NBC wonders: What makes David Gregory tick? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Ukraine Easter truce collapses, three dead at pro-Russian separatist checkpoint Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago