During the 2012 election cycle, Tea Partiers were told by their supposed betters that their ignorance of everyday politics meant that they should take a back seat to the Republican Party establishment. Brandishing the so-called Buckley Rule with quasi-religious fervor -- the notion that Republicans should run the most conservative candidate who can win -- the establishment GOP proclaimed that the only presidential candidate who could win was Republican Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts. They suggested that four-term former Wisconsin Governor Tommy Thompson was a shoe-in for the Senate. They explained that the Tea Party was responsible for failed Senate candidates...
- TEMS Wednesday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 17 mins ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Feds put kibosh on self-driving cars, plane sharing Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- It’s come to this: The War on Bacon is real Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- America in crisis: Should airline passengers be allowed to use “Knee Defender” to stop seats from reclining? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Mitt Romney: Sure, there’s a chance I’ll run again Allahpundit 12 hours ago