During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
Rubio is a talented politician, but he is indeed a politician. I supported his run for the Senate (and the trip to the proverbial woodshed for Crist), but Marco must be careful how he plays to the masses. Too many bright lights too soon will be problematic for the voters that put him in his current office.
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 48 mins ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 2 hours ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago