During this week’s GOP address, Florida Senator Marco Rubio essentially condensed what he said during his timely and moving remarks after receiving the Jack Kemp Foundation’s Leadership Award last Tuesday night. In short, he explained -- in less than five minutes -- that the greatest challenge we face as a nation is that too many Americans are unable to rise out of poverty (or the circumstances of their birth) into the middle class. The reason, he says, is twofold: “ because our economy is not creating enough [middle class] jobs and  because too many of our people don’t...
In response to:
Rubio is a talented politician, but he is indeed a politician. I supported his run for the Senate (and the trip to the proverbial woodshed for Crist), but Marco must be careful how he plays to the masses. Too many bright lights too soon will be problematic for the voters that put him in his current office.
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 38 minutes ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago