In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
I GREW UP...... With Mexican kids in Ca. Their Dad / Mom was legal. Hence, they were legal ! My buddies that are still alive(Mexicans) hate the concept of amnesty. And they don't want to be looked at as if they are illegal...so they hate the ILLEGAL IS OKAY! My wife of 45 years is Mexican. When I see her start to soften up a little...I say what does the church teach(LDS) Live the laws! I tell everyone...IS IT OKAY FOR THE ILLEGALS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND STAY?! Boy, that is another story! The hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens! Show the Latinos we care? We should show them we do care----- care if they break the laws! Our local paper states this a.m. latinos are going to be the dominate group by next year! Time to move.
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago