In 2006 and 2007, Republicans promoting amnesty favored the cliche, “Immigrants do the jobs American’s won’t do.” It was a bad argument then, and with unemployment still hovering around or over 9%, for the last five years, no one even bothers with that anymore. Instead, Republicans are selling amnesty based solely on political expediency. The new cliche is that Republicans will never win the Hispanic vote unless they support amnesty. John McCain, who led the last great push for amnesty says. "The Republican Party is losing the support of our Hispanic citizens. And we realize this is an issue in which...
I GREW UP...... With Mexican kids in Ca. Their Dad / Mom was legal. Hence, they were legal ! My buddies that are still alive(Mexicans) hate the concept of amnesty. And they don't want to be looked at as if they are illegal...so they hate the ILLEGAL IS OKAY! My wife of 45 years is Mexican. When I see her start to soften up a little...I say what does the church teach(LDS) Live the laws! I tell everyone...IS IT OKAY FOR THE ILLEGALS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND STAY?! Boy, that is another story! The hypocrisy stinks to the high heavens! Show the Latinos we care? We should show them we do care----- care if they break the laws! Our local paper states this a.m. latinos are going to be the dominate group by next year! Time to move.
- TEMS Thursday: Duane Patterson, John-Henry Westen, Jason Mattera Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- “Machete-wielding mob” hinders Ebola relief effort Jazz Shaw 42 mins ago
- WaPo factchecker to Grimes: You should be ashamed of yourself Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Crumble: Wendy Davis trails by 16, down two among women, leads by just two with Latinos Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Circular firing squad: Democrats ready to dump on Obama if they lose the Senate Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US training Syrian opposition for defense only against ISIS Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago