Much has been made of President Obama's sneering screed against individual accomplishment and private success, and rightly so. He once again wandered from his poll-tested script and accidentally revealed his true colors, Romney pounced, and Democrats are flailing with shouts "out of context" and feigned thermonuclear outrage. Republicans would be wise to sink their teeth in and refuse to relent -- the Left's yelping is a tell. But in addition to hammering "you didn't build that" (and building a largely...
If Romney is smart, he will continue to let the summer roll to an end. Fence-sitting voters are still on vacation, while the dark-red Republicans and deep-blue Democrats argue on the web. Obama is spending his money now. Let him. Romney will unviel his agenda and jobs plan during the convention. At that point, Obama will have already told everyone in his ads what Romney will do...two months before Romney says it himself. Let Team Obama flail against the wind and wait for them to wear themselves out. Then come in, discuss the plan and then hold fast. Team Obama will have run out of money and legitimacy at that time. Romney's real challenge will come from defending his plan against the media.
- Paul Ryan, 2016? Noah Rothman 18 minutes ago
- Obama: I don’t watch the news because I usually already know the stuff they’re reporting Allahpundit 58 minutes ago
- Perdue grabs surprise runoff victory over Kingston in Georgia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Putin signals total disregard for the West as rebels take down two more Ukrainian planes Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- US intel: MH17 missile an SA-11 fired from eastern Ukraine Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- White House giving up fight over Obamacare’s contraception mandate? Noah Rothman 3 hours ago