Much has been made of President Obama's sneering screed against individual accomplishment and private success, and rightly so. He once again wandered from his poll-tested script and accidentally revealed his true colors, Romney pounced, and Democrats are flailing with shouts "out of context" and feigned thermonuclear outrage. Republicans would be wise to sink their teeth in and refuse to relent -- the Left's yelping is a tell. But in addition to hammering "you didn't build that" (and building a largely...
If Romney is smart, he will continue to let the summer roll to an end. Fence-sitting voters are still on vacation, while the dark-red Republicans and deep-blue Democrats argue on the web. Obama is spending his money now. Let him. Romney will unviel his agenda and jobs plan during the convention. At that point, Obama will have already told everyone in his ads what Romney will do...two months before Romney says it himself. Let Team Obama flail against the wind and wait for them to wear themselves out. Then come in, discuss the plan and then hold fast. Team Obama will have run out of money and legitimacy at that time. Romney's real challenge will come from defending his plan against the media.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago