Much has been made of President Obama's sneering screed against individual accomplishment and private success, and rightly so. He once again wandered from his poll-tested script and accidentally revealed his true colors, Romney pounced, and Democrats are flailing with shouts "out of context" and feigned thermonuclear outrage. Republicans would be wise to sink their teeth in and refuse to relent -- the Left's yelping is a tell. But in addition to hammering "you didn't build that" (and building a largely...
If Romney is smart, he will continue to let the summer roll to an end. Fence-sitting voters are still on vacation, while the dark-red Republicans and deep-blue Democrats argue on the web. Obama is spending his money now. Let him. Romney will unviel his agenda and jobs plan during the convention. At that point, Obama will have already told everyone in his ads what Romney will do...two months before Romney says it himself. Let Team Obama flail against the wind and wait for them to wear themselves out. Then come in, discuss the plan and then hold fast. Team Obama will have run out of money and legitimacy at that time. Romney's real challenge will come from defending his plan against the media.
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 24 minutes ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- DeBlasio faces three lawsuits for trying to shut down charter schools Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- European countries to US: Give us your gas Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Venezuelan protesters digging in for the long haul Erika Johnsen 13 hours ago