Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Chris, You left out TRAITOR to his country, the United States of America, just like the Marxist fraud in our White House. Correction: The Marxist fraud in our White House is probably not a traitor because he is not an American, having been born in Kenya to a 17 year old American an a Kenyan who was a British subject.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Media Matters not super-keen on SEIU unionizing its employees Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Video: How removing one regulation created hundreds of jobs in Mississippi Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- The EPA confirms: GHG emissions are down, largely thanks to… Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: Uhm, about Obama’s FY2015 budget proposal… it’s way more expensive than the White House claimed Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago
- Jay Carney: The toughest interview Obama had in 2012 was with … Jon Stewart Allahpundit 6 hours ago