Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Chris, You left out TRAITOR to his country, the United States of America, just like the Marxist fraud in our White House. Correction: The Marxist fraud in our White House is probably not a traitor because he is not an American, having been born in Kenya to a 17 year old American an a Kenyan who was a British subject.
- Constitutional law professor on separation of powers: “Stop hatin’ all the time” Allahpundit 21 minutes ago
- Video: A huge executive amnesty for illegals would be a big mistake, says … Ed Schultz? Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Grimes: Iron Dome really helps defend against the tunnels, or something Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Is the world giving up on a two-state solution? Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Are the culture wars really just about sex? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- “A**holes”: Turns out Lois Lerner’s not a fan of conservative talk radio or its listeners Allahpundit 3 hours ago