Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Chris, You left out TRAITOR to his country, the United States of America, just like the Marxist fraud in our White House. Correction: The Marxist fraud in our White House is probably not a traitor because he is not an American, having been born in Kenya to a 17 year old American an a Kenyan who was a British subject.
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- New York’s new gun laws returning unexpected results Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- WaPo: Say, this President doesn’t seem terribly competent at foreign policy, huh? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago