Liberal Washington Post editorial page commentator Ruth Marcus sees sexism in the Republican opposition to naming the current U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, as Hillary Clinton’s replacement as Secretary of State. Marcus trots out a well-worn story from the 1970s. She relates the formidable Alice Rivlin’s recollections as first Director of the Congressional Budget Office. “Over my dead body will we have a woman in that job” was the reaction of the House Budget Committee Chairman. (Chairman, Ooh! Bad!) That was Dr. Rivlin’s testimony. Dr. Rivlin sailed through confirmation to chair the CBO and is widely respected...
In response to:
Chris, You left out TRAITOR to his country, the United States of America, just like the Marxist fraud in our White House. Correction: The Marxist fraud in our White House is probably not a traitor because he is not an American, having been born in Kenya to a 17 year old American an a Kenyan who was a British subject.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Twitter blocks petition supporting Houston pastors Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Breaking: New White House fence-jumper taken down by K9s, apprehended Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Barack who? Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- What election? Network news gives up on covering midterms Noah Rothman 10 hours ago
- Could Oregon’s First Lady sink the Governor next month? Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago