This Year's Duke Lacrosse Case

Ellwood Wrote: Jul 12, 2013 9:29 AM
Even though I don't think the prosecution has made their case for even manslaughter, after all I have heard and read, I really have no sympathy for Zimmerman. He put himself in a situation he could not handle physically, regardless of whether the other person was just a 17 year-old walking home from the store or a burglar, thus his only resort (according to his case) was to use his gun. I'm not sure Zimmerman is the type of person to be doing community watch, let alone being allowed to carry a firearm. Of course the other side of the coin, to be fair, Martin - by confronting Zimmerman - put himself in a situation where, unless he put Zimmerman down on the first punch, he could not win.
I'm confused. Was he supposed to "exploit" the illegal workers or do it himself and they get nothing "to feed and care for their families?" By the way the best judge of worth is the person accepting the job. If they accept, then they have decided they are being paid there worth, given all other alternatives.

Fiscal Cliff Notes

Ellwood Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 12:26 PM
its legal tender, so by definition it is not counterfeiting.

Fiscal Cliff Notes

Ellwood Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 12:24 PM
I don't know whether you are correcting me or agreeing with me. I assumed Romney has salesmanship skills, which are similar to teaching skills, since to be a succussful businessman, you have to be able to sell you ideas. Whether he has the qualities or not is not necessarily the issue. The issue is that it was not done, period. Whether Ryan could have been used more effectively is also a good question. The problem with being a Vice-Presidential candidate is that you can't overshadow the boss.

Fiscal Cliff Notes

Ellwood Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 12:19 PM
@Lon, The trillion dollar + deficit spending per year slowed down? That's news to me. I think you are either ignorant or dishonest.

Fiscal Cliff Notes

Ellwood Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 11:31 AM
Romney lost because the Republicans allowed Obama to define the issues, define who Romney is, and ran on "let's tax someone else (not you) and all of our problems will be solved." Because none of these were significantly challenged, he lost.

Fiscal Cliff Notes

Ellwood Wrote: Dec 04, 2012 11:31 AM

Make the Democrats Own the Obama Economy

Ellwood Wrote: Nov 29, 2012 11:41 AM
It's 1937 all over again...
I admit Obama is good, but their bench is thin.
He will skate on all of these because the media will not hold him to account. In fact, most likely they will provide cover.