Blacks Must Confront Reality

Ellen58 Wrote: Aug 30, 2014 7:32 AM
There are many middle class working educated and married African American families who hold the same views, but who nevertheless continue to support politicians who have imposed a welfare attitude that has dissolved the African American family. I teach in a diverse upper middle class school. My students are from Korea, Laos, Russia, Mexico, Guatemala, Germany as well as the U.S. They live in similar economic circumstances and most of the parents work in white collar jobs. So how do you explain that in testing, African American boys continuously lag behind their peers. African American girls by and large do well in testing. But even with free tutorials, transportation, snacks we cannot lure African American males into getting help. I don't know whether this is an attitude of misplaced macho or, and I hate saying this, if the stigma of 'acting white' prevents them from trying to achieve.

Jay Carney Leaving White House?

Ellen58 Wrote: Mar 15, 2014 5:36 PM
Look for the multimillion dollar book deal. I guarantee you if he's leaving, it's to write what is really going on from his lib world perspective. Who knows, maybe Obama is paying Carney to appear to be leaving so he can get out a book before the midterms full of "ObamaTruths" otherwise known as disinformation.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 4:55 PM
Letterman gives off bitter old man vibes to the max. He hasn't been funny in ten years.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 4:55 PM
He's even better live. I saw him at McFarlin on the SMU campus last week. While it's definitely not for everyone, he's quick and funny. Just his jabs at Austin liberals and their shoes that look like feet was worth the price of the ticket.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 2:34 PM
To be fair, I watched last night when Justin Timberlake was on. The rap thing was "cute" but then everything about this guy is cutesy down to his smarmy sidekick. Give me Geoff-a gay robot skeleton-any time over that guy. The monologue was meh, the interview was fawning and in all reality-it was a yawner.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 2:32 PM
Plus Fallon had better watch his back.Seth Meyers is lightyears better on interviews and he's frankly quite a bit smarter. Don't be surprised to see Letterman put out to pasture soon (not soon enough to suit me) and Meyers to be the heir apparent. At the point Craig Ferguson, who for sheer entertainment is better than all of them, will leave CBS. And that would be a sad loss as many nights I stay up just to watch Craig's 20 minute opening.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 2:30 PM
You won't have to-there's precious little to watch there. Lately I find myself on CBS for most entertainment shows. ABC is so ripe with the LGBT agenda that they feel the need to insinuate it at every turn. Whatever happened to shows just being funny?

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 2:29 PM
I would suggest to you that his unwillingness to let NBC Corporate use WH talking points to ghost write his monologue played a big role in Leno leaving.

Jimmy Fallon, Democrat Political Asset

Ellen58 Wrote: Feb 22, 2014 2:28 PM
I think NBC made a critical error. They ignored the demographics of who actually watches late night TV. It's not the desirable 25-45 group-they're out doing things, hitting the bars, working out, doing just about anything other than watching late night television. The key group they actually have is much older, more conservative and more likely to be home because they have to get up in the morning, go to work and pay for all the liberal largesse imposed by Congress. Mark my words, as with Conan, Fallon will begin to sag in the ratings possibly as soon as summer. For all of his claim to be "non-political" his show has already booked a who's who of liberal ideology. Give me a break-even the move back to New York was an attempt to control the message-something NBC couldn't quit do a continent away.