Get rid of the teacher's union, fire the bad teachers, give merit pay to good teachers. There's too much money spent on keeping bad teachers employed. School is supposed to mean education. The only education our children seem to get is how to hold a placard for a union strike. The public is waking up to what's been going on in our schools for years. I've been watching the political rally's lately and see young people carrying placards they can't read and don't even know what they're protesting. It's pretty sad to see how illiterate some of them are. They never even learned how to speak intelligently. They are products of the AFT and the ACLU.
Three years ago, my fellow conservatives and I realized that the teacher’s union American Federation of Teachers (AFT), was heavily involved in the off-year election of the local school board members. Because the school board elections are non-partisan, the two-to-one Republican majority of voters could not identify which candidates on the ballot were conservatives. The result was that most of the seven school board members were effectively chosen by the union. ...
- Quotes of the Day Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 10 hours ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago