We have a crisis in our schools. This is not a new revelation, but it needs to be stated regardless, particularly at the start of another academic year and at a time when America is struggling to compete in the very fields — math, science, technology — that are defining the global economy. Consider that U.S. high school students graduate with just a 32 percent proficiency...
In response to:
This is the result of the government monopoly on education. The government owns 2 of the 3 big care companies ... a monopoly is at hand. If Obamacare survives the federal government will get a monopoly on our health care. It has (or had) a monopoly on retirement until it messed up and let people have 401(k) plans, but worry not for the Guaranteed Retirement Accounts (GRAs) are rattling around in Liberal Land. Yep, it takes a government monopoly to really screw things up.
- Why aren’t Boehner and the House suing Obama over immigration? Allahpundit 52 minutes ago
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago