Two groups are elated over the sudden and dramatic demise of John Boehner's "Plan B" in the House of Representatives last night: Liberals -- who are thrilled to see their opponents in utter shambles -- and hardline conservatives, who view the development as a principled victory and a much-needed rebuke of the GOP's weak-kneed leadership. National Review Washington Editor Robert Costa was on the Hill during the collapse, and filed a must-read story about how it all went down. In short, a demoralized Boehner stunned the caucus with a brusque announcement that he was pulling the bill. The...
Jesus also said, "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's." He did not ask for Caesar's help to heal the sick or to minster to the people. Thus we can conclude that this isn't Caeser's job, but is a job for people and their religious institutions. So why are liberals trying to put religious institutions out of business?
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 57 mins ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Awful: Nine-year-old girl accidentally shoots instructor with Uzi Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 4 hours ago