Democrats don’t have the 51 votes they need in the Senate to change filibuster rules that could make it harder for the GOP minority to wield power in the upper chamber. Lawmakers leading the charge acknowledge they remain short, but express optimism they’ll hit their goal. “I haven’t counted 51 just yet, but we’re working,” said Sen. Tom Udall (D-N.M.), a leading...
In response to:
Well, at least the Dems are finally being honest & aboveboard regarding their agenda, now that the election is safely behind them. After all, what difference does it make? They "won" & now they have the "mandate" or "will" of "the people" behind them, or something like that. Pay no attention to the growing divide between the 2 sides & the animosity that continues to ramp up under the POTUS who was supposed to be a "help heal" a troubled nation or some such.
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 40 mins ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Audio: And now a word from Mike Ditka about this Redskins “horsesh*t” Allahpundit 4 hours ago