As Michelle Malkin would say, beltway barnacles John McCain and Lindsey Graham have crawled out from under their rock of irrelevancy to feed their attention starved egos. McCain and Graham are slamming Senator Rand Paul's efforts to stand up for civil liberties of American citizens, which he did through filibuster yesterday. They've even gone so far as saying Paul has done a disservice to the debate surrounding drone use. Apparently, pointing out the droning of American citizens on U.S. soil is unconstitutional and that Americans deserve due process before being killed is totally not helpful, or something....
Tinsldr: Don't be too sure of that premise. A State Dept official said, regarding the drone strike on Anwar al-Awlaki's 16 year old son (American citizens, both, btw) that he should have "chosen a more responsible parent'. Really? Is that the basis now on which a drone strike can be justified against an American citizen who has not been found guilty of anything & who was not engaged in actual combat on American soil?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Small California winery to close doors after being fined for using volunteers Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- NC SEN: Is the race ‘tight as a tick?’ Matt Vespa 7 hours ago
- Three words. Tetris. The movie. Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Carter: If I had gone to war with Iran, I would have beaten Reagan or something Matt Vespa 8 hours ago
- FCC: We’ll look into whether “Redskins” is indecent for broadcast Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago