As Michelle Malkin would say, beltway barnacles John McCain and Lindsey Graham have crawled out from under their rock of irrelevancy to feed their attention starved egos. McCain and Graham are slamming Senator Rand Paul's efforts to stand up for civil liberties of American citizens, which he did through filibuster yesterday. They've even gone so far as saying Paul has done a disservice to the debate surrounding drone use. Apparently, pointing out the droning of American citizens on U.S. soil is unconstitutional and that Americans deserve due process before being killed is totally not helpful, or something....
Tinsldr: Don't be too sure of that premise. A State Dept official said, regarding the drone strike on Anwar al-Awlaki's 16 year old son (American citizens, both, btw) that he should have "chosen a more responsible parent'. Really? Is that the basis now on which a drone strike can be justified against an American citizen who has not been found guilty of anything & who was not engaged in actual combat on American soil?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago