As Michelle Malkin would say, beltway barnacles John McCain and Lindsey Graham have crawled out from under their rock of irrelevancy to feed their attention starved egos. McCain and Graham are slamming Senator Rand Paul's efforts to stand up for civil liberties of American citizens, which he did through filibuster yesterday. They've even gone so far as saying Paul has done a disservice to the debate surrounding drone use. Apparently, pointing out the droning of American citizens on U.S. soil is unconstitutional and that Americans deserve due process before being killed is totally not helpful, or something....
Tinsldr: Don't be too sure of that premise. A State Dept official said, regarding the drone strike on Anwar al-Awlaki's 16 year old son (American citizens, both, btw) that he should have "chosen a more responsible parent'. Really? Is that the basis now on which a drone strike can be justified against an American citizen who has not been found guilty of anything & who was not engaged in actual combat on American soil?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 9 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 10 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 11 hours ago