After the test, Pyongyang announced that despite tightened United Nations sanctions that theoretically went into force last month, its latest nuclear test bolstered its defenses against U.S. "hostility." In a lengthy broadcast on the communist dictatorship's...
I do not think there is anything that will make the Obama administration act short of a nuclear even on U.S. soil -- and I mean continental soil, not embassies' soil -- which causes mass devastation and great loss of life. At that it will be difficult for Obama to summon the cojones to act. He does not see the preservation of this country as essential to anything. He STILL is not an American in his heart.
WASHINGTON -- Last year, the Obama administration announced to the world that it was planning to pursue a new Asia/Pacific-oriented national security strategy. Since then, North Korea has countered with a strategy of its own. In December, Pyongyang successfully launched a multistage intercontinental ballistic missile capable of carrying a warhead-sized payload to the U.S. mainland. On Feb. 12, the North Koreans tested an improved-design nuclear weapon.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 11 hours ago