The word is "petulant." It is pronounced "pet-u-lant."
There are only several dozen more who are equally challenged intellectually. But I agree I will boycott these ten. If they want to be actors -- act; if they want to be politicians -- I won't vote for them. Since they can't seem to get their priorities straight, I will avoid them at all costs. Confused people are dangerous. And often bigots.

Intellectuals and Race

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Mar 12, 2013 11:41 AM
Dear Mr. 103: Please look up "affect" and "effect." You've used one of them improperly.

Greatest Generation the Most Entitled

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Mar 07, 2013 1:33 PM
The draft also created young people who knew how to care for themselves, how to budget money, how to work. CCC or draft -- I believe each citizen owes its country something of himself (neutral gender). It is a great way to start life -- with tools to live it. Paramilitary training is about self-responsibility, acknowledging legitimate authority, and performing as trained. It is not about being slothful, ignorant and disrespectful excuses for human beings mooching from the publicly financed teat.

Greatest Generation the Most Entitled

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Mar 07, 2013 1:30 PM
As one of the first Boomers (1/3/46) and mother of one of the last (12/15/64), I can assure you neither of us has neglected to provide for ourselves or our families without government handouts. I do support, as does my son, the reform of social giveaway programs to make them what they were meant to be -- safety nets for those fallen on hard times. These programs should not perpetually support my generation or those who follow. It should protect those who swallowed the government koolaid of "social security," but reasonably, not frivolously. It should not support a welfare state for the able-bodied who choose not to work.
What Idon't understand is why the conservatives have to wave red flags of religious convictions (not impacted by anything) in order to make an argument for or against a position. The Democrat bull charges - but is followed by a large, stupid population of cows -- and stomps the red flag (and, concomitantly the position) into the mud. Dems 1 Conservatives 0.
c'mon larry586 -- plural of sissy is sissies!!!

Budget Politics

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Mar 05, 2013 11:36 AM
Da-yuum. I never thought of it THAT way. It's too cynical and mean and low for even politicians. But apparently I am wrong. They are that grasping, greedy, manipulative and downright mean. It is time we start over fresh -- vote ALL the bastids [sic] out!

Let’s Help Academia Destroy Itself

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Mar 04, 2013 11:51 AM
May I suggest, in your case, an English grammar course? "[T]heir attracted to," should be "they're attracted to" [commonly] or "to which they're attracted" [properly]. So concentrating studies should include the basics -- English, math, science, foreign languages, history, geography. The rest of the "studies" can be covered by the time left over for free reading.

Tyrannical Twins

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Feb 22, 2013 11:46 AM
You cannot be serious -- what to act about? How about prevention of nuclear proliferation in rogue states which embrace a lethal message to the outside world (those not like them). If you think our big stick does not work, think back to Reagan standing near the Berlin wall and making the pronouncement to tear it down -- and down it came. Reagan had the big stick. He spoke softly-no threats-but forcefully and with the power to back up his words.

Tyrannical Twins

Elisabeth26 Wrote: Feb 22, 2013 11:44 AM
I do not think there is anything that will make the Obama administration act short of a nuclear even on U.S. soil -- and I mean continental soil, not embassies' soil -- which causes mass devastation and great loss of life. At that it will be difficult for Obama to summon the cojones to act. He does not see the preservation of this country as essential to anything. He STILL is not an American in his heart.