What do we do when we want a better car, a better home or a better bottle of wine? We pay more for it. We definitely need a lot better crop of public officials. Yet we insist on paying flea market prices for people who will be spending trillions of tax dollars, not to mention making foreign policy that...
Laywers aren't the problem. Ethics are. Character is. The dumbed-down electorate is.
Now that the National Football League has apparently learned that it can be costly to hire cheap officials, perhaps the rest of us should learn the same lesson when it comes to government officials, whose bad calls can do a lot more damage.
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? jeffdunetz 21 minutes ago
- Bill Gates on minimum wage hike: “I worry about what that does to job creation.” Kevin Glass 1 hour ago
- WH: Obama will totally be an asset for Democrats this year Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago