The answer, of course, is that it would cut back on the medications for children. Why? Because that would be what was most likely to get the budget cuts restored. If they cut back on building statues of Benedict Arnold, people might ask why they were building statues of...
Da-yuum. I never thought of it THAT way. It's too cynical and mean and low for even politicians. But apparently I am wrong. They are that grasping, greedy, manipulative and downright mean. It is time we start over fresh -- vote ALL the bastids [sic] out!
Back in my teaching days, many years ago, one of the things I liked to ask the class to consider was this: Imagine a government agency with only two tasks: (1) building statues of Benedict Arnold and (2) providing life-saving medications to children. If this agency's budget were cut, what would it do?
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 22 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago