How is it that the party of Lincoln, a party that led the way in opposing slavery, Jim Crow laws, lynching, the KKK, poll taxes, led the way on integration and voting rights for black Americans, and percentage wise, voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act in greater numbers than Democrats is now only getting about 10% of the black vote? Democrats say racism, but any objective observer would quickly discard that explanation given the significant number of popular black Republicans. If even a large percentage of Republicans were racist, certainly Allen West, Herman Cain, Clarence...
Bravo! A well-stated position paper on one of the most puzzling situations in American politics today. I work in a well-integrated and overwhelmingly Democrat office (I am the ONLY conservative of about 100 employees) and am appalled that the privileged blacks are so angry at less privileged whites (works that way in our office -- no clerks, secretaries, or underlings are black or hispanic). I would still like to know what it will take to change the perception -- but am tired of being tarred with the feather-laden goo of black racially charged accusations (whether they fit me or not). I choose instead to stand aside and let the chips fall where they may.
- Video: Who’s up for another lecture from Shep Smith about how to properly react to a crisis? Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Video: Canada shooter was in contact with “individuals in Syria” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- A whopping 9% of likely voters “enthusiastic” about Barack Obama Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Uh oh: GOP’s vulnerable candidate start showing off their internal polls Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- In America, we don’t kill the Ebola dog Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Matt Lewis shames the press for laughing at Bristol Palin’s physical assault Noah Rothman 3 hours ago