Affordable housing and health care costs are terms with considerable emotional appeal that politicians exploit but have absolutely no useful meaning or analytical worth. For example, can anyone tell me in actual dollars and cents the price of an affordable car, house or myomectomy? It's probably more pleasant to pretend that there is universal agreement about what is or is...
It's difficult to be a good economist and simultaneously be perceived as compassionate. To be a good economist, one has to deal with reality. To appear compassionate, often one has to avoid unpleasant questions, use "caring" terminology and view reality as optional.
- Video: Doctor quarantined in California after return from Liberia Ed Morrissey 26 mins ago
- Science: Nobel Prize-winning doctor backs Christie’s quarantine plan Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- The middle class can’t afford to live in liberal cities Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- In two New York districts, two trouncings to warm your heart Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- TSA confiscates a toy ray-gun belt buckle. Because security. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago