Affordable housing and health care costs are terms with considerable emotional appeal that politicians exploit but have absolutely no useful meaning or analytical worth. For example, can anyone tell me in actual dollars and cents the price of an affordable car, house or myomectomy? It's probably more pleasant to pretend that there is universal agreement about what is or is...
It's difficult to be a good economist and simultaneously be perceived as compassionate. To be a good economist, one has to deal with reality. To appear compassionate, often one has to avoid unpleasant questions, use "caring" terminology and view reality as optional.
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago