If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 20:1–16 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Unhappy anniversary: six years of Keystone obstruction Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Open thread: Sunday morning talking heads Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- Video: The solution to the campus sexual assault crisis Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Obama’s ISIS Tap Dance Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago