If there was a prize for fighting back against tax authorities, the Italians would probably deserve first place. I’m not aware of any other country where tax offices get firebombed. The Italians also believe in passive forms of resistance, with tens of thousands of boat owners sailing away to protect themselves from the government.
But the Spanish are beginning to get into the swing of things, perhaps because they are increasingly upset by the plethora of tax hikes imposed by the supposedly right-of-center government in Madrid.
Here’s part of a
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 14 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 18 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 20 hours ago