Yesterday evening we reported the details of House Republicans' "fiscal cliff" compromise offer to the White House, which offered real ideological concessions, to the tune of $800 Billion in new revenues. The plan -- originally conceived last year by the Democratic co-chairman of the debt commission, Erskine Bowles -- also calls for the reduction of both discretionary and mandatory spending, making needed (albeit small-ball) reforms to the largest drivers of our debt. Unlike the president's risible, widely-panned proposal last week, Republicans' new negotiating posture offers genuine compromise: (a) It has bipartisan origins, (b) it achieves "balance," (c) it...
In response to:
America...thank goodness that there are still 'real' American organizations that will stand up and speak out for 'real' Americans everywhere'! Boehner needs to be removed from office. I am sick and tired of his face opening up and telling us...compromise...compromise...compromise. You know all this talk by him of not giving in...is a farce...and it is only a matter of time...before he caves and takes all the other 'fence sitters' with him! HE NEEDS TO BE REPLACED AND I SUGGEST REP RYAN! If you agree...call/email your reps and tell them you want Boehner replaced for not doing the job of speaking for you and millions of other 'real' Americans! Tell them you want Ryan instead...then contact Ryan and tell him to fight for the...
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago