It should come as no surprise that the rate of mass shootings at schools and in other public places is increasing. The surge has nothing to do with guns, which have been widely available in the U.S. for years. Gun control laws have been increasing. Instead, there is a direct correlation between the increase in violence and the gradual degradation of morals, ethics and parenting. We are cultivating mental illness in our society.
In response to:
ummm, the moral decay argument is the only argument that matters. Broken and dysfuntional families are the reason for a tremendous amount of misery. My college age son and I don't see eye to eye on politics but he has plenty of anecdotes about kids his age who have struggled because of the homes they grew up in. He's grateful that our family is close and supportive. You don't have to look at studies. Just look around.
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago