Alexander Hamilton: "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed," adding later, "If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is...
Yeah, right, the British aren't coming...but the commie-democrats are.
Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., shootings, said: "The British are not coming. ... We don't need all these guns to kill people." Lewis' vision, shared by many, represents a gross ignorance of why the framers of the Constitution gave us the Second Amendment. How about a few quotes from the period and you decide whether our Founding Fathers harbored a fear of foreign tyrants.
- VA whistle-blowers receive settlements for retaliation Jazz Shaw 24 mins ago
- Pierson to Congress: White House intrusion will never happen again Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Report: Semi-retired president has skipped more than half of his daily security briefings this year Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Intelligence warned Obama of ISIS since 2012? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Obama Takes Media Heat For Shifting Blame On ISIL Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago
- Turkish parliament to vote on joining anti-ISIS coalition Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago