Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
perpetrate their violent tantrums. They might be "crazy" but they are definitely NOT stupid. As a single father I raised three wonderfully adjusted boys without all the liberal nonsense who are now responsible, productive, tax paying citizens. It's really quite simple, not "rocket science"...
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago