Dr. John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime," reports that until the 1960s, some New York City public high schools had shooting clubs where students competed in citywide shooting contests for university scholarships. They carried their rifles to school on...
perpetrate their violent tantrums. They might be "crazy" but they are definitely NOT stupid. As a single father I raised three wonderfully adjusted boys without all the liberal nonsense who are now responsible, productive, tax paying citizens. It's really quite simple, not "rocket science"...
When I attended primary and secondary school -- during the 1940s and '50s -- one didn't hear of the kind of shooting mayhem that's become routine today. Why? It surely wasn't because of strict firearm laws. My replica of the 1902 Sears mail-order catalog shows 35 pages of firearm advertisements. People just sent in their money, and a firearm was shipped.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago