Far too much of the campaign season so far has revolved around trivia. That's largely Barack Obama's fault. Obama wants to see more of Mitt's tax returns. Who cares? Obama's rich, but Mitt's really rich; so we should hate him because he has more money than we do -- or something. After Mitt left Bain, some company went bust, some random guy lost his health care and later got it back, but it wasn't as good as it was at Bain; so Mitt killed his wife somehow or another? On the other hand, while Mitt's campaign has at least...
It is going to be a tough haul for Romney if he wins. The media will turn all its venom on him and it is going to be an uphill battle starting with the mess the Obama staff will leave behind, like they did when Clinton left office. I want to see more leadership from Romney, RIGHT NOW. talk is cheap, he needs to take over this campaign and move forward into specifics. He needs to meet each negative ad with....this is what you have now and this is what I am going to do to change it. No stumbling, no b.s. just 3-5 points that bullet the solution and if he can't do that he needs a V.P that can articulate those points. He needs a back up guy now that is first and foremost articulate with a plan.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- WMD in Iraq a rather nuanced issue Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- Perry: Rand Paul’s position on Iraq is “disheartening … curiously blind” Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago
- Joni Ernst will miss two weeks on the campaign trail… to serve in uniform Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago