The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 21, 2012 2:05 PM
Sure, fire and brimstone, yaddayaddayadda. Just let me have my fun before then, OK?

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 20, 2012 2:54 PM
Not at all, there are plenty of very valuable documents from before I was born. Magna Carta, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence. But these were written by intelligent men, not fairy tales written millennia ago by superstitious men.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 20, 2012 2:50 PM
your silly myths don't scare me.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 20, 2012 2:50 PM
I want to be happy and I want to let my fellow men be happy, whether that means being gay, straight or republican. It doesn't affect me (until Republicans deny me my rights) and so I shouldn't get a say in denying them their right to the pursuit of happiness. Your twisted interpretation of the golden rule (which apparently isn't a "christian law" since it's O T) displays everything that is wrong with christian morality.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 19, 2012 10:46 PM
Your god doesn't exist. That's how I know that the words are not divine. If you could prove that god exists and that his laws somehow increase the health of the nation I'd be all for it. The truth of the matter is that most of the laws are anachronistic and have no purpose today. Indeed, some even harm society. Eg: outlawing abortion leads to a spike in adolescent crime two decades later as all the poorly raised kids who were unwanted become offenders. I don't push my way of life on you, the least you can do is return the Cavour.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 19, 2012 10:38 PM
The difference between my 'religion' an your religion is that mine doesn't try to impose itself on others I'm not trying to prevent people from doing what THEY feel is right. If you don't want to have an abortion, don't. But preventing others from having one based on your beliefs is oppressive and displays a lack of respect for your fellow man.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 19, 2012 10:36 PM
Freedom from religion is the same thing as freedom of religion, it just includes one extra religion.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 19, 2012 10:31 PM
Tolerance is an attitude of mind that implies non-judgmental acceptance of different lifestyles or beliefs. You think everyone should follow the laws your sky monster wants. I think people should be able to do what they feel is right as long as it doesn't hurt other people. (if you're going to challenge me by saying that homosexuality hurts others, you better have some peer reviewed sources ready) What I'm really trying to say is that religion has no place in government. Just because you and our friends are crazy enough to believe in it doesn't mean society should base its laws on it.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 18, 2012 11:56 AM
God should have outlawed slavery. It is an evil, reprehensible institution and I can't believe you would claim that it was being used to do good. Any god that doesn't outright eliminate slavery is an evil, unjust god.

The President's 'Other Gospel'

EffectChange Wrote: May 18, 2012 11:55 AM
This all powerful god could have outlawed slavery, but he didn't. Is he impotent or just ineffective?