What effect might President Obama's 2013 State of the Union address proposal to increase the U.S. federal minimum wage from $7.25 per hour to $9.00 per hour have upon teens and young adults?
That question is especially relevant because teens and young adults between Age 15 and 24 represent approximately half of all minimum wage earners in the United States, not to mention making up a disproportionate share of individuals who earn wages just above that level.
To find out, we tapped the U.S. Census Bureau's detailed income data for the Age...
- Video: Unhinged pro-abortion protester knows little about human biology … or criminal law Ed Morrissey 8 minutes ago
- Boehner gets angry on immigration: When is Obama going to take some responsibility for something? Allahpundit 48 minutes ago
- Conservatives and establishment GOP agree: Don’t impeach Obama Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Democrats plan on making Hobby Lobby their midterm message Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Perry: Border crisis is Obama’s Katrina Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 3 hours ago