As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
Bill110 and Nullify Now: You apparently haven't read my whole post, because a word limit required that I post in three parts. You're forgiven for that, and I'm not God, either. You can call it "grace," or "salvation," or being royally dubbed with an invisible broadsword, it's still "faith" in the unprovable and metaphysically impossible. Nullify, the Old Testament has as much credibility as the Koran, it was a work knocked together over centuries by tongue-in-cheek monks in the Dark Ages trembling in fear of the barbarians and looters rampaging over Europe and the Mideast. Faith? One also has "faith" in the existence of the tooth fairy, jins, and poltergeists, until one accepts that they're metaphysically impossible.
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 18 hours ago