As a Christian, it can be difficult to reconcile all the evil that happens in the world with an all knowing, all powerful loving God who could stop it if He wants, but chooses not to do so. If our hearts break for the innocent children who were senselessly murdered at Sandy Hook Elementary, how can a God who loves us not feel the same way? If any of us had known what Adam Lanza was going to do, we would have done anything in our power to stop him, so why didn't God? All too often we tend to quote...
Bill110 and Nullify Now: You apparently haven't read my whole post, because a word limit required that I post in three parts. You're forgiven for that, and I'm not God, either. You can call it "grace," or "salvation," or being royally dubbed with an invisible broadsword, it's still "faith" in the unprovable and metaphysically impossible. Nullify, the Old Testament has as much credibility as the Koran, it was a work knocked together over centuries by tongue-in-cheek monks in the Dark Ages trembling in fear of the barbarians and looters rampaging over Europe and the Mideast. Faith? One also has "faith" in the existence of the tooth fairy, jins, and poltergeists, until one accepts that they're metaphysically impossible.
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 51 mins ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Joe Biden 2012: Can you believe Mitt Romney wants to hit Syria? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Rally point: Should Obama start talking about combat forces now? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago