The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
We should let blind people drive.
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- New Economist/YouGov poll shows Hobby Lobby impact on Supreme Court approval Ed Morrissey 43 minutes ago
- Liberal columnist calls out the ‘secret war on black Republicans’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Immigration advocates mad that feds might let young illegals choose deportation voluntarily Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Kurds seize two oil fields, pull out of Iraqi government Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 4 hours ago