All of this is sounding like a mini WWI situation here. You have a internal conflict in a small and rather insignificant country. You then have larger, more significant countries with vested interests in the small country... There is a tragedy (Archduke Ferdinand assassinated=Chemical Weapons use) and now everyone is gearing up for battle. Iran, and the rest of the middle east, and the US/Israel. Let's not forget Russia... Can anyone tell me how we avoid war with Iran, if, after we strike Syria and they follow through on bombing our embassy in Baghdad?
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 38 minutes ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago