If you are reading this, don't come to California. We are set to raise our minimum wage to $10/hr. That is a 25% increase on the current minimum wage across the board. That means of all of the thousands of fast food restaurants, gas stations, receptionists, wal-mart people, etc... will get more money the instant it is enacted. I can guarantee that this increase will be passed on to us, the consumers. Thus, if you dare come to California I hope you brought euros because the cost of a large starbucks coffee will reach $7-$8 next year... Happy meals will inch close to $8, and forget the $10 hand car wash... it will now be $15! Of course I feel for those who live in New York, as this may seem childish to them as they pay European prices already. But, I love my state, and am fighting for it not to happen. We have a super-majority of dems and a democratic governor. It feels like 1910 all over again...
- Does anyone really want to endorse Obama’s defense policy? Noah Rothman 30 mins ago
- Open thread: The obligatory “Black Friday brawls” post Ed Morrissey 2 hour ago
- Video: “Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens” trailer Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Feud developing between Capitol Hill Dems & White House? Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Ferguson and the sad state of American protesting Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Ezra Levant learns about “freedom of speech” in Canada Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago