If you are reading this, don't come to California. We are set to raise our minimum wage to $10/hr. That is a 25% increase on the current minimum wage across the board. That means of all of the thousands of fast food restaurants, gas stations, receptionists, wal-mart people, etc... will get more money the instant it is enacted. I can guarantee that this increase will be passed on to us, the consumers. Thus, if you dare come to California I hope you brought euros because the cost of a large starbucks coffee will reach $7-$8 next year... Happy meals will inch close to $8, and forget the $10 hand car wash... it will now be $15! Of course I feel for those who live in New York, as this may seem childish to them as they pay European prices already. But, I love my state, and am fighting for it not to happen. We have a super-majority of dems and a democratic governor. It feels like 1910 all over again...
- An Obama presser is hardly a “teachable moment” in gender studies Jazz Shaw 47 mins ago
- NSA Christmas eve docu-dump contains bombshells about [redacted] Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Hot Air’s top 50 posts in 2014: 31-40 Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- What if North Korea didn’t hack Sony? Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- After funeral, as NYPD returns to work, problems await Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 21 hours ago