If you are reading this, don't come to California. We are set to raise our minimum wage to $10/hr. That is a 25% increase on the current minimum wage across the board. That means of all of the thousands of fast food restaurants, gas stations, receptionists, wal-mart people, etc... will get more money the instant it is enacted. I can guarantee that this increase will be passed on to us, the consumers. Thus, if you dare come to California I hope you brought euros because the cost of a large starbucks coffee will reach $7-$8 next year... Happy meals will inch close to $8, and forget the $10 hand car wash... it will now be $15! Of course I feel for those who live in New York, as this may seem childish to them as they pay European prices already. But, I love my state, and am fighting for it not to happen. We have a super-majority of dems and a democratic governor. It feels like 1910 all over again...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Gowdy: Yep, Hillary Clinton wiped her server clean after State requested her emails Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Ted Cruz’s campaign: He hasn’t ruled out legal status for illegals Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- What are the chances Democrats keep Reid’s seat in 2016? Not great Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Video: No murder charge for woman who killed unborn child? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Poll: The backlash against Obama’s foreign policy has begun Noah Rothman 4 hours ago