If you are reading this, don't come to California. We are set to raise our minimum wage to $10/hr. That is a 25% increase on the current minimum wage across the board. That means of all of the thousands of fast food restaurants, gas stations, receptionists, wal-mart people, etc... will get more money the instant it is enacted. I can guarantee that this increase will be passed on to us, the consumers. Thus, if you dare come to California I hope you brought euros because the cost of a large starbucks coffee will reach $7-$8 next year... Happy meals will inch close to $8, and forget the $10 hand car wash... it will now be $15! Of course I feel for those who live in New York, as this may seem childish to them as they pay European prices already. But, I love my state, and am fighting for it not to happen. We have a super-majority of dems and a democratic governor. It feels like 1910 all over again...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Newsworthy: WaPo builds cute tool for comparing your home’s size to Mitt Romney’s Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Shameless: Harry Reid now demanding amendment votes he blocked for years Guy Benson 6 hours ago
- Is Democratic infighting behind closed doors about to become public? Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- GoDaddy feels the sting of politically correct America Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- CBO: 10 million will lose employer-based coverage under ObamaCare by 2021 Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago