The flat tax has a fatal flaw--politicians. The income tax started out flat, but ballooned to over 50 brackets at one point. After Reagan flattened it into two (or three) brackets, it has bounced back to 6 or 7, depending on how you count them. Politicians WILL NOT let a flat income tax stay flat. They can't. The fair tax has an unbeatable advantage over any income tax. That's in addition to openness, fairness, and simplicity. Under a consumption tax, the government has no business knowing how much money I make, how much I spend and on what, who much I save, and in what kind of accounts, or how much I inherit or receive or give as a gift. None of that. The Fair Tax gets the government out of our personal finances entirely.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014