This is why it seems so hard to reflect that vision of patience when black-hearted "artists" practice character assassination on the Blessed Virgin...
where in the bible does it say that Jesus did not set the 12 over the others? on what basis do you assert that Jesus did NOT set the 12 over others? all available evidence, at least until the 16th century indicates that Jesus did set the 12 over others. maybe you have some evidence to support your contention that christianity did not have a hierchical structure from its very beginnings. why would you ignore the fact that Jesus gave special teachings and instructions to the 12? why ignore the fact that the 12 were hand-selected by Jesus? are you suggesting that His selection of the 12 for specific and exclusive instruction had no specific meaning in tems of understanding and authority?
A Christian can be crushed gazing at the picture of Mary standing at the foot of the cross, watching her beloved son suffocate and die. But in that vision, she stands there for hours, patiently enduring her suffering. For two millennia, she has been a role model for Christians, a woman who practiced obedience in the most difficult of human circumstances, with fervent hope for what this sacrifice will offer all mankind as it struggles with sin.
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago