It's another demonstration of the politicians' addiction to spending -- and how we are complicit. "One more infrastructure bill" or "this jobs plan" will jumpstart the economy, and then we'll kick our...
The bulk of entitlements spending is comprised of Social Security and Medicare/Medicaid. If you eliminated everything but Social Security, Medicare, DOD, and interest you still couldn't balance the budget. You would be close but still not balanced.
Last year, Congress agreed to $1.2 trillion in automatic spending cuts, unless politicians find other things to cut. They didn't, of course. So now, with so-called sequestration looming in January, panic has set in. Even the new "fiscally responsible" Republicans vote against cutting Energy Department handouts to companies like Solyndra and subsidies to sugar producers. Many claim that any cut in military spending will weaken America and increase unemployment.
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 23 minutes ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- Rand Paul working to get David Jolly over the finish line in FL-13 special Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago