As the news starting pouring in about what happened in the theater this week when Satan’s spawn James Holmes donned Kevlar and a small battery of weapons and opened fire on an unsuspecting crowd, I kept thinking, “One fast-thinking and trained person who was armed/licensed with a concealed weapon...
With a total of 70 victims (12 dead, 58 wounded), ABC News reports the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shooting is the worst mass shooting in American history. Still, its aftermath will follow a familiar pattern. Politicians call for unity while the media focuses intensely, but briefly, on the victims, searches the shooter’s background for clues to his motivation, then turns its attention to the perennial debates about guns and partisan political associations. Lost will be any serious national debate about be the real causes of these crimes. http://ewross.com/another_mass_shooting_another_round_of_rhetoric.htm
I would venture to guess that the folks filing in to see the latest Batman installment in Aurora, Colorado last Thursday evening didn’t figure on over 70 of them getting shot before the credits rolled. The last count I received before filing this column was 12 dead and 59 wounded.
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 27 mins ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- TEMS Thursday: Hot Air at the Fair! Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago