The diagnosis you are looking for is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Symptoms include: * Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation * Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals * Exaggerates own importance * Exaggerates achievements and talents * Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance * Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment * Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others * Is easily jealous * Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy * Has obsessive self-interest * Pursues mainly selfish goals Sound like any POTUS we know?
The most revealing anecdote in Politico reporter Glenn Thrush's new book on the Obama campaign: The President refused to golf against John Boehner because he knew he would lose.
The report makes it sound like this is just another example of the President's fierce competitive streak. But c'mon, it's just pathetic. You're the leader of the free world, you have an opposition leader from another party, it might advance your political objectives to golf with him -- heck, especially if you lose! -- and you're so pitifully ego-driven you can't do that . . . and so desperate to...
- NFL apologizes for penalizing player who prayed in end zone Jeff Dunetz 42 mins ago
- Should the next AG be … Republican? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- U.S. about to pass Saudi Arabia as largest liquid petroleum producer Bruce McQuain 2 hours ago
- Will Grimes ever give us a straight answer? Matt Vespa 2 hours ago
- Victory! Boys born as boys can shower with girls in Kentucky school Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Prosecutor: Suspect in Oklahoma beheading uttered Arabic words during attack Allahpundit 4 hours ago