The diagnosis you are looking for is called Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Symptoms include: * Reacts to criticism with anger, shame or humiliation * Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals * Exaggerates own importance * Exaggerates achievements and talents * Entertains unrealistic fantasies about success, power, beauty, intelligence or romance * Has unreasonable expectation of favorable treatment * Requires constant attention and positive reinforcement from others * Is easily jealous * Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy * Has obsessive self-interest * Pursues mainly selfish goals Sound like any POTUS we know?
The most revealing anecdote in Politico reporter Glenn Thrush's new book on the Obama campaign: The President refused to golf against John Boehner because he knew he would lose.
The report makes it sound like this is just another example of the President's fierce competitive streak. But c'mon, it's just pathetic. You're the leader of the free world, you have an opposition leader from another party, it might advance your political objectives to golf with him -- heck, especially if you lose! -- and you're so pitifully ego-driven you can't do that . . . and so desperate to...
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 13 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 14 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 14 hours ago