One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Letterman is a lying POS, and a sexual pervert to boot. How anyone can be married to him is beyond my comprehension, had a child out of wedlock and didn't marry the mother until after the boy was approximately one year old. If I was his mother, I would have beat him senseless. His mother must be so proud of him NOT!
- Obama to faith leaders: I have no plans for an executive amnesty on immigration Allahpundit 39 minutes ago
- Income-inequality warrior to earn $225,000 per year for doing nothing in particular about income inequality Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Is Kickstarter kicking out pro-life projects? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Oh, good: Obama to announce more faux stimulus with $600 million for job training Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- New study shows casual pot use connected to brain abnormalities Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Minnesota to outsource ObamaCare exchange management to private sector Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago