One of the strongest elements of Mitt Romney's spectacular debate performance was his decisive rejoinder to the president's oft-repeated allegation that the Republican plans to raise taxes on middle class families. Obama said Romney has designs on an unpaid-for $5 trillion tax cut that would eventually necessitate higher tax bills for average Americans. Romney flatly rejected the claim by calling it false, then explained what he actually has in mind. But the president returned to the "$5 trillion" well on several subsequent occasions, prompting more rebuttals from his challenger. FactCheck.org and CNN reviewed Obama's accusation, and found it wanting....
In response to:
Letterman is a lying POS, and a sexual pervert to boot. How anyone can be married to him is beyond my comprehension, had a child out of wedlock and didn't marry the mother until after the boy was approximately one year old. If I was his mother, I would have beat him senseless. His mother must be so proud of him NOT!
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Sigh: Busch Gardens removes disembodied heads from Halloween display Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Holder running out the clock on Fast & Furious? Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 7 hours ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 9 hours ago