There's been a lot of braying on the Left about Mitt Romney's tax returns lately. Most of it is transparently political. Some of it is mystifyingly hypocritical. But is it necessarily wrong? Romney has done everything the law requires of him, and then some. He's made public one full year of returns (2010) and released a comprehensive estimate of another (2011). As many Democrats would hasten to point out, however, Mitt is disregarding the example set by his father, George Romney, during his truncated 1968 presidential run. The elder Romney handed over twelve full years...
In response to:
PLEASE educate yourself a bit about the world of finance. Romney's name is on the SEC documents because he still owned all the stock of the company even though he had no active role in the firm. The financial transaction whereby he sold Bain to the directors took about 2 years. Look, government agencies including the SEC looked at this at the time of the filings...no problems then and no problems now. Even two OBama fundraisers, Bain directors during the 1999-2003 time period have publicly stated that Romney had NO involvement with the company. The Obama campaign is LYING.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 32 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 3 hours ago