Keep up the good fight Hal. You are always spot on in expressing the practicing physician's concerns for HCR and how it affects their patients.
By Hal Scherz and Richard Armstrong
In 1883, a tornado struck Rochester, Minnesota, leaving 37 dead and 200 injured. William Worrell Mayo, already a prominent surgeon in the community, volunteered to oversee medical relief efforts along with son Will, a new medical school graduate, working with Mother Alfred Moes and her Sisters of Saint Francis to care for these unfortunates. In 1888, Mother Moes approached W.W. about opening a hospital, on the condition that he would run the medical practice, to which he agreed and the Mayo Clinic was created. Younger son, Charles was brought into the group to...
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 27 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago