Keep up the good fight Hal. You are always spot on in expressing the practicing physician's concerns for HCR and how it affects their patients.
By Hal Scherz and Richard Armstrong
In 1883, a tornado struck Rochester, Minnesota, leaving 37 dead and 200 injured. William Worrell Mayo, already a prominent surgeon in the community, volunteered to oversee medical relief efforts along with son Will, a new medical school graduate, working with Mother Alfred Moes and her Sisters of Saint Francis to care for these unfortunates. In 1888, Mother Moes approached W.W. about opening a hospital, on the condition that he would run the medical practice, to which he agreed and the Mayo Clinic was created. Younger son, Charles was brought into the group to...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago