The National Rifle Association has been under heavy criticism since holding a press conference on December 21 in response to the horrific shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. During his remarks, NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre called for armed police officers in every school in America as a way to prevent the next Sandy Hook and to protect America's kids. The idea was immediately classified as "out of touch" and "unsympathetic" to the situation by anti-Second Amendment advocacy groups calling for more gun control and a renewal of the Clinton-era assault weapons ban. A Gallup...
to not put armed guards and or teachers in our schools is to empower and enable crazy shooters and criminals to kill our children...sign this petitionhttps://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/issue-executive-order-mandating-armed-guards-all-us-schools-provide-protection-our-children/G9qb6PJk demanding that the president mandate armed protection for our schools...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 8 hours ago