The answer was yes. They explained that they had strongly supported Ronald Reagan, and then they supported George H.W. Bush because they had supported Reagan, and then supported George...
In response to:
And, if I am not mistaken, he is a bit more conservative than Jeb.
In January 2008, at a John McCain rally in Columbia, S.C., I asked a number of local politicos to look back to the brutal 2000 Republican primary in their state, the one between McCain and George W. Bush. They had all supported Bush back then, and I asked whether, given the inconclusive wars, runaway federal spending and economic catastrophe of the next eight years, they felt they made the right choice.
- Citizen legislator Sen. Mary Landrieu doesn’t really live in Louisiana Mary Katharine Ham 37 mins ago
- Democrats go after Republican for self-defense measure he took…14 years ago Matt Vespa 1 hour ago
- Rubio: If I had to vote again on my Gang of Eight immigration bill, I’d vote no Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obama lets another red line lapse in Ukraine, and the consequences will be dire Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Heartache for lefties: Elizabeth Warren defends Israel at Massachusetts town hall Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- ISIL is busy building a capital in Syria while Obama dithers Gabriel Malor 3 hours ago