Congressional Republicans caved in to the Democrats this week, surrendering their principles in order to pass a bill that merely delays the looming fiscal cliff by two months. This is the first time Republicans have voted for a tax increase in 20 years. House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) strong-armed Republican members of the House into supporting it, no doubt by threatening them with loss of their committee positions should they dare to oppose it. The Wall Street Journal described the massive sellout in an editorial, “The Senate-White House compromise grudgingly passed by the House is a Beltway classic: the...
In response to:
You are correct.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago