I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
I would have been flabbergasted if Reid had let such a vote go forward. That would have been the sort of thing honest men do.
- Video: Florida mom arrested, charged with child neglect for letting her seven-year-old have a sip of whiskey Allahpundit 31 mins ago
- Officer in Daniele Watts handcuff incident was responding to a call Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Friendly reminder: Republicans could absolutely fail to win the Senate Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Question for new “View” co-host Nicolle Wallace: When did you just want to pop Palin? Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Bad news from Pelosi: Republicans winning the Senate would be the end of civilization Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- NATO begins military exercises in Ukraine Noah Rothman 3 hours ago