Every Republican knows another Republican who agrees with them on 99% of the issues, yet will attack them relentlessly over the 1% of issues they disagree upon. Instead of uniting against the left, these busybodies waste countless hours criticizing other Republicans. They will frequently do it under the ruse of being the “true conservatives,” claiming that anyone who does not agree with them is not conservative enough. Yet the 1% of issues they disagree with others on are often arbitrarily decided and not legitimate issues. Mitt Romney was criticized for being too moderate of a Republican presidential candidate, yet he ran...
Some have suggested that Republicans should give up the fight for human rights because the inartful words of two Senatorial candidates cost them electoral victory. I disagree. I simply do not believe that fiscal responsibility need be purchased a the price of innocent human lives. Progress is being made and the GOP cannot give up the moral position that brought it into being when the violation of human rights was slavery.
- Audio: Joe Biden being Joe Biden, Jewish outreach edition Ed Morrissey 41 mins ago
- Benghazi hearings about to force the press to pay attention Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- CBS/NYT poll shows Obama at new low on terrorism, foreign policy Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Sotloff “fixer”: Americans never contacted me after his abduction Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- David Cameron to Scotland: Baby, don’t go. Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago