In response to:
This has been an interesting, if irrelevan discussion. The right to defend oneself is a basic human right. It is a natural right. The Second Amendment, however, while it codified that right, is about more than that. The right to bear arm is the right to be free. Arms are used for self defense, but they are also for the defense of the whole people from tyranny. Many of the posts here make me wonder if the posters really want to live free. Freedom may be dangerous; but some of us think it worth it.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- MSNBC host debates Michele Fiore on Bundy ranch. Does not fare well. Jazz Shaw 39 minutes ago
- A Trojan Horse on amnesty in the defense bill? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Video: How to get kicked out of a Clay Aiken fundraiser Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 18 hours ago