In response to:
This has been an interesting, if irrelevan discussion. The right to defend oneself is a basic human right. It is a natural right. The Second Amendment, however, while it codified that right, is about more than that. The right to bear arm is the right to be free. Arms are used for self defense, but they are also for the defense of the whole people from tyranny. Many of the posts here make me wonder if the posters really want to live free. Freedom may be dangerous; but some of us think it worth it.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014