In response to:
This has been an interesting, if irrelevan discussion. The right to defend oneself is a basic human right. It is a natural right. The Second Amendment, however, while it codified that right, is about more than that. The right to bear arm is the right to be free. Arms are used for self defense, but they are also for the defense of the whole people from tyranny. Many of the posts here make me wonder if the posters really want to live free. Freedom may be dangerous; but some of us think it worth it.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 15 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 16 hours ago