In response to:
This has been an interesting, if irrelevan discussion. The right to defend oneself is a basic human right. It is a natural right. The Second Amendment, however, while it codified that right, is about more than that. The right to bear arm is the right to be free. Arms are used for self defense, but they are also for the defense of the whole people from tyranny. Many of the posts here make me wonder if the posters really want to live free. Freedom may be dangerous; but some of us think it worth it.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 19 hours ago