In response to:
This has been an interesting, if irrelevan discussion. The right to defend oneself is a basic human right. It is a natural right. The Second Amendment, however, while it codified that right, is about more than that. The right to bear arm is the right to be free. Arms are used for self defense, but they are also for the defense of the whole people from tyranny. Many of the posts here make me wonder if the posters really want to live free. Freedom may be dangerous; but some of us think it worth it.
“In the UK, there are 2,034 violent crimes per 100,000 people...the U.S. has a violent crime rate of 466 crimes per 100,000 residents."
- Business groups “blindsided” by Obama overtime redefinition Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Trey Gowdy on Obama’s power grabs: “How does going from being a senator to a president re-write the Constitution?” Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Video: Criminal probe opening in GM recall? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Jolly win has Dems worried about ObamaCare … messaging Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama warns Russia of “cost” in Crimea Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Did Flight 370 continue for four more hours in flight? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago