For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence...
It was enforced by your forebears, but courage and freedom is not transmitted in the bloodstream. I am a coward, avoiding most confrontation and not worthy of the freedoms I still do posses , which is why what little liberty remains will continue to dwindle and die. Until I am willing to place my freedom above my craven creature comforts.
- Great news: 36% of Americans can name all three branches of government Allahpundit 12 mins ago
- US Navy spying on private citizens? Ed Morrissey 52 mins ago
- Senate’s possible 2016 hopefuls gambling that ISIS war will be unpopular soon Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago