For the past few weeks, I have been writing in this column about the government's use of drones and challenging their constitutionality on Fox News Channel where I work. I once asked on air what Thomas Jefferson would have done if -- had drones existed at the time -- King George III had sent drones to peer inside the bedroom windows of Monticello. I suspect that Jefferson and his household would have trained their muskets on the drones and taken them down. I offer this historical anachronism as a hypothetical only, not as one who is urging the use of violence...
It was enforced by your forebears, but courage and freedom is not transmitted in the bloodstream. I am a coward, avoiding most confrontation and not worthy of the freedoms I still do posses , which is why what little liberty remains will continue to dwindle and die. Until I am willing to place my freedom above my craven creature comforts.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 mins ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 57 mins ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago