The House GOP Sounds Retreat (Or Should.)

Earl109 Wrote: Jan 27, 2014 5:31 PM
Derek85, My assumption (and if I'm wrong, I apologize) is that you have not been a member of the armed services. When you sign on the dotted line to join any branch of the services, you are basically placing every aspect of your being, up to and including your very life, in the hands of a government that can send you anywhere, at any time, into any situation that it sees fit. A veteran that is eligible for a pension is someone that, for 20 years of not much pay, has voluteered to serve and defend the United States of America from the kind of enemies that would gladly kill you simply because you are an American. I can't think of a more noble purpose for my tax dollars than to help fund the pension of someone that has sacrificed so much for me. You might want to think about that the next time you exercise your freedom of speech to denigrate a "retire" 38 year old.

Polls: Young Voters Turn on Obama

Earl109 Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 9:03 PM
I dare anyone with two brain cells to rub together to name one thing, just one thing, that Obama has done right since January, 2009. If there is a list, it's damn short.

Polls: Young Voters Turn on Obama

Earl109 Wrote: Nov 15, 2013 9:01 PM
I have no doubt that some attempt will be made to reverse the 22nd amendment before the 2016 election.

Stupid Is the New Normal

Earl109 Wrote: Oct 31, 2013 4:38 PM
Yeah, I sorted mixed my metaphors, but you get the idea.

Stupid Is the New Normal

Earl109 Wrote: Oct 31, 2013 4:37 PM
And the takeover of healthcare is just one step on the journey of takeover our lives. Hate to tell you, folks, but the nation is done. To see what I'm talking about, step back from the trees as far as you can and take a good look at the forest. If you can step back far enough, you'll see that the liberals have already won (note: I'm as conservative as the come, especially fiscally). The people of this great nation are just like the frog in the pot of water that is slowly coming to a boil. They notice the water is getting a little warmer and they're starting to feel uneasy, but they haven't stepped far enough back to see the entire forest.

12 Unspoken Rules For Being A Liberal

Earl109 Wrote: Oct 19, 2013 1:26 AM
I believe that liberalism could well be a mental disorder. If you ask a psychiatrist what is the one thing the vast majority of their patients have in common, they will tell you it's the inability to assume responsibility for themselves and their actions. Now, what is the one thing all liberals have in common? The inability to assume responsibility for themselves and their actions. As narcissistic mental microbes, liberals blame everyone else, conservatives in particular, for the world's woes. They are never wrong, no one else is ever right, and they are perfect. If everyone would just do what they say, then everything would come out hunky dory. They have an absolute inability to look in a mirror and see anything other than liberal perfection. They simply are not connected to any sort of reality. In short, they are mentally ill.
I no longer believe there is an independent judiciary... I've believed that for some time. Obama and the Dems got to Roberts, with either a carrot, as stick or both... it's that simple. We'll never know the details, but that's what happened.
The GOP's problem is simple... the GOP always takes the high road, while the Dems always take the low road. It's tough to beat the low road travelers, especially when they do it so well.
Was George W. Bush perfect? No, something that he will readily admit. That said, Barack Obama will never even be a pimple on his derierre.
Let's look at this... anyone with a basic knowledge of PHP (or ASP) and SQL (MySQL, MSSQL, take your pick) can easily develop code that will send the password to the server, check to see if it's already in the database and 1) if it is, inform the user and let them enter another password or 2) if it isn't, write it to the appropriate table. A little more development, the end user can have all of the password type functions they need... updating, deleting, etc. Honestly folks, it's that simple. I, and tens of thousands of other web developers, have written those routines. I think bigbill10 is right, the master plan is for this deal to fail, and fail big. The Holy Grail of Obama and the liberal Dems is single payer, and they're going to do whatever it takes to achieve that goal.